Microsoft Project is the best tool for scheduling projects. However, it is not without its problems. Happily most problems with using Microsoft Project stem from a lack of knowledge of how Microsoft Project works, or just plain lack of scheduling.
If the Business case describes what will make a project successful and why it should go ahead, then schedules communicate the how, when, who and current progress of delivering a successful project. Good schedules are and essential part of good project governance and control. So, as a good project manager, you need to make maximum use of your main information tool: Microsoft project.
The Microsoft Project Master Class takes Project Users who know all the material in typical 2 day Project courses and have at least 6 months experience with using (or trying to use) the either MS Project or another tool (eg MS Excel) (plenty of time to get into a wonderful mess and accumulate masses of questions) and answers all your questions. The course teaches:
- How to solve common scheduling problems
- You more productive using Microsoft Project for less effort
- How to schedule Time critical projects
- How to schedule Resource constrained projects
- A Structure for your schedules that turns them into powerful communication tools
- Assigning and editing Resources easy and accurate for little effort
- Reporting on multiple projects
- How to make Critical paths accurate, useful, meaningful and visible
- How to slice and dice your project information in Microsoft Project in very productive and useful ways
- Accurate and Easy ways to track your schedules
- Introduction to Automated project reporting
On this course the more you know, the more you will learn from it.